Sunday, January 22, 2012

Help! I am scared to canter!?

Okai, so this weekend I have made up my mind... I am going to canter. I have cantered lots before, and confidently, on many other horses, and even galloped in a field. But I am a little scared to canter when I first get a new horse. From past experiences, I know that the longer I wait the greater my fear becomes. I just need an extra little boost of confidence to do it. I have had my 4 year old arabian (0.78% pinto) gelding for almost a month now. I have ridden him in a halter, and he was still the most responsive horse I had ever ridden. We have a nice little corral with enough room to canter in, and even do about 8 full gallop strides across comfortably. It is made of 5' tall round pen panels. I think that this is where I want to canter. Do you have any tips on breaking past my fear and just doing it? Any tips to help calm my nerves? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment